26 years old Afghan girl, Zahra Khodadadi finished elementary school in Iran and after the fall of Taliban regime and early years of former president Karzai her family and she came back to Afghanistan and continued her education in her country. She is now graduated from University of Kabul – College of Fine Arts and works as a Graphic Designer.
She was very enthusiastic about photography and in her second year of college (2012) she registered in an institute of art and photography and started her activities as a photographer besides her education. She starts photography in landscape and documenting the streets and alleys of the very city she lives in and her focus is on portraying the lives of people around her. She has taken part in several national and international exhibitions and also held two individual exhibitions in Kapila Art Gallery and in Kazakh National Academy of Arts in Almaty Kazakhstan.
Besides her interests in capturing moments, she did not limit herself to pictures and continued her work in Graphics and Design. She has also participated in multiple film making and editing workshops and has worked in several positions in cinema, behind the scene of movies including, the movie Arastoo as a stage designer, the movies Charkh and Season Reversed as camerawoman and behind the scene photographer.
Exhibitions she has taken part in:
- My Bamiyan individual Exhibition in Kazakh National Academy of Arts Almaty, Kazakhstan (May 2016)
- Stop Stoning Group Exhibition for international women’s day in University of Kabul (March 2016)
- Fragments of a Hidden Life Exhibition in 5 different locations in Kabul, Afghanistan (Dec 2015 – Feb 2016)
- Sixth and Seventh Immigrants’ Photography (Afghanistan, My World) Exhibition in Mashhad, Iran (May 2014)
- International Anti-corruption Day Art Exhibition (Dec 2014)
- Non existence in Existence Exhibition in Kabul (Dec 2013)
- International Peace Day Group Exhibition in Mazar_e_Sharif (2013)
- Violence Against Women Photography Exhibition CCAA (Dec 2012)