We are hiring – Finance and Admin Officer
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Job Category: Finance
Contract Duration: 1 Year (extension possible)
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Scale: As per the organization’s salary scale
No. of Jobs: 1
Vacancy Expires: July 26, 2021
About the Organization:
Established in 2016, Afghanistan Photographers Association (APA) is a Kabul-based registered cultural and educational organization that is independent, non-profit, and non-political. Center to its arts-based and result-based approach, APA is committed to promoting the art and culture of photography by offering diverse program, outstanding benefits and opportunities, and essential business resources to help photographers reach their full potential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prioritize and implement project activities related to the financial and administrative needs and services of the organization and donor agencies;
- Ensure efficient, effective, responsive, transparent, and accountable provision of financial and administrative services to support the implementation of project activities;
- Ensure production and maintenance of regular, up-to-date and accurate financial and administrative records and reports;
- Ensure proper budgeting and internal control framework;
- Prepare appropriate financial reports as well as letters, reports, minutes of meetings and other administrative duties and responsibilities;
- Forecast costs and revenues and plan and manage staff salary, leases and project financials on schedule;
- Manage and maintain effective filing and record system as well as developing and updating a database of activities and events;
- Facilitate organizing events, such as conferences, meetings, workshops, and seminars;
- Arrange office space and necessary equipment for all staff and ensure proper maintenance of the office premises;
- Ensure timely inventory of newly acquired supplies, equipment, and assets as well as coordinate and follow-up on stationery items required by the reporting lines;
- Supervise the support staff, including drivers and guards;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for project partners and staff; and
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or in any other relevant fields
- At least three years of proven experience in the relevant field
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of MS Office application, QuickBooks, and other necessary computer skills
- Ability to critically review and improve financial management and expenditure monitoring systems to increase accountability
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Administrative and Financial services
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written skills in English, Dari and Pashto
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Excellent reporting skills
Interested applicants may send their CV with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than July 26, 2021. Subject line of the submission email must read “Finance and Admin Officer”. Emails without this subject will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.