We Are Hiring – Project Officer
Job Title: Project Officer
Job Category: Program
Contract Duration: 4 Month (with possibility of extension)
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Scale: As per the organizational salary
No. of Jobs: 1
Vacancy Expires: April 28, 2021
About the Organization:
Established in 2016, Afghanistan Photographers Association (APA) is a Kabul-based registered cultural and educational organization that is independent, non-profit, and non-political. Center to its arts-based and result-based approach, APA is committed to promoting the art and culture of photography by offering diverse program, outstanding benefits and opportunities, and essential business resources to help photographers reach their full potential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the project manager in executing ongoing projects to ensure that all aspects of a project are dully attended to and completed in a timely manner;
- Carry out administrative duties by collecting data, sorting, filing and archiving;
- Make arrangements for meetings, trainings and presentations and call the attention of the project manager to them where and when they are needed;
- Keep track of all project activities and budget implementation and ensure that they constantly remind and intimate the project manager of what needs to be done in order to meet certain deadlines;
- Intermediate between the project manager and other project staff to prevent agitations that may hinder the smooth flow of project execution;
- Translate documents from English into Persian and Pashto and vice versa, as required;
- Assist the project manager in preparation of project reports;
- Other duties as assigned by the project manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant undergraduate degree, or associated qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience and sound knowledge of project management
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office Suite
- Excellent communications skills, including translation skills in English, Persian and/or Pashto
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to solve problems, think creatively and be able to take initiatives
Interested applicants may send their CV with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than April 28, 2021. Subject line of the submission email must read “Project Officer”. Emails without this subject will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Photographer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.